Dining and Retreat Center
See LIVE pictures and video stream of the Dining Center Build project! Click here
“Camp Li-Wa is a first choice when it comes to hosting quality events for Army Soldiers and Families! Its pristine setting and great facilities are only surpassed by the staff’s hospitality, professionalism and attention to detail.”
~ Chaplain Scott Ingram, Fort Wainwright
Camp Li-Wa is currently one of the finest retreat locations in the Interior of Alaska. Business, community, military and religious groups hold retreats and conferences in this serene setting nearly every week out of the year.
The current summer dining hall is a small, reconditioned army latrine from World War II, which has exceeded its usefulness. Summer camp attendance is dramatically limited by this building. The retreat dining hall, although in better shape than the summer one, can only seat 50 people. This severely limits the size of groups that can come to Camp Li-Wa.
The Li-Wa Dining and Retreat Center will Offer:
- 10,000 square feet of conference and dining space
- Commercial grade kitchen
- Dining hall will seat 250, expandable to 360 if combined with conference space
- State-of-the-art solar-thermal green technology
- Highly energy efficient, with a projected 90-95% annual utilities savings
- Projected Cost: $2.9 Million.