As Camp Li-Wa has discipled young adults and children in their walk with Christ, we have seen how promoting involvement in missions early-on can lead to a lifetime of Christian service. To help youth leaders emphasize a mission mindset in their youth groups, we offer the opportunity to bring a group to Alaska to serve at Camp Li-Wa and in the local community. It is a unique way to show young people how anyone can (and should!) serve the Lord with their talents. They will also see the beauty of His creation in Alaska while serving alongside others who are passionate about spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ full-time.
Please call 907-457-6059 for available dates
- Arrive and Depart on Saturday evenings
- Dates are available on first come basis
- For the best experience, we encourage groups of 20 people or less
- Cost per person is $300 which includes meals, lodging, on-site camp activities, and in state transportation
Typical Work Day
- 8:30 am – Breakfast and Group Devotions
- 9:00 am – Project Assignments
- 12:30 pm – Lunch
- 1:30 pm – Camp Activities or Alaskan Excursions
- 6:00 pm – Dinner
- 7:00 pm – Evening Games
- 9:00 pm – Campfire
Work Team Member Application Application Form
This link will take you to our online application where you will be asked to set up a password. Please fill out all questions that apply and then click on “submit”.
Please have each Team Member fill out the application for Victory Ministries (Camp Li-Wa) because this is how we complete the background check required (background check is for team members age 18+).
- Riverboat Discovery – 3 hour boating tour (seasonal)
- Gold Dredge 8 – Interactive gold panning (seasonal)
- Hiking or Bus tour of Denali National Park (2 hour drive)
- Chena Hot Springs (50 minute drive)
- Pioneer Park
- Santa Claus House – Christmas themed tourist shop
- Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitor Center
- Angel Rocks Hike – 3.5 mile hike (seasonal)
- Muskox or Reindeer Farm
- Trans-Alaska Pipeline Viewing
Broomball, Knockerball, Archery, Riflery, Trail Ride, Bazooka Ball, Canoeing, and Climbing wall.
Our group accommodations vary from an apartment style cabin to dorm style rooms or dry cabins. Our Guest Services director will communicate which buildings you will be staying and we ask that you do not move to another building without asking. Bedding is provided by Camp Li-Wa, but you will need to bring a towel and your personal toiletries. If you forget anything Walmart isn’t far away.
Each Work Team will be responsible for getting to the Fairbanks Airport. Li-Wa will provide transportation for your team to and from the Fairbanks Airport. Van(s) may be available for work team use, depending on availability, for no charge when visiting Alaska attractions, however, the work team is responsible for fuel.